Sunday, September 27, 2009

Williams party...

So, Friday night we were meeting friends at Olive Garden for a surprise birthday dinner for one of our friends. The plan was to meet at 5:30 at Olive Garden. Adam (the friend's husband) made reservations, and we were supposed to go ahead and sit down and wait for them to come. Surprise! He gave us specific instructions that if we arrived after 5:30 to wait until 5:45 to come in, so we wouldn't ruin the surprise.
We got to OG at 5:28, and didn't see anyone there yet. I asked the hostess if there was a Adam Williams reservation for 5:30. She looked at the list and said, "Yep, I've got a Williams reservation for 20 at 5:30. But, you're the first ones here."
We went ahead and sat at the table, and waited. Tucker kept saying, "You know how I felt when I thought we shouldn't sit at that table at McAllister's [that's another story]. Well, that's how I feel now. I just have a feeling that this isn't right. I can't believe no one else is here."
I of course, thought he was being paranoid. It's a Williams reservation for 20 at 5:30, everything fits. Every one else has kids so I wasn't surprised that they were running late. I was a little nervous though about us being the only ones at the table when the birthday girl arrived. Surprise! It's only 2 of us, at a table for 20!
We waited until 5:45, with Tucker saying it didn't feel right for the whole time. Then, finally a family arrived. They looked at us strange, and we introduced ourselves. We didn't really know any of the friends that were coming because we go to a different church than the Williams. The family started to sit down, and were still looking at us weird. "Are you here for the Williams party?" I asked.
The lady looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Yes, William Mahgur."
"William Mahgur! No, Adam Williams."
So apparently the waitress hadn't really listened to the party we were asking for. Also, the email about the birthday party didn't specify which Olive Garden. We were at the wrong OG, at the wrong "Williams party."
We got to the right one about 30 minutes late. I guess I should pay more attention to my husband's intuition!

3 comments:

  1. hey Rebecca! So good to hear from you -thanks for the comment with the teaching resources. I'm always looking for new ideas!
    Your blog cracks me up -you guys are hilarious. And your kitchen looks awesome!! Congrats on finishing all the major work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing, sounds like something that would happen to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wild! What are the odds? Really!

    So, apparently I have the intuition in our family - and Rob has the take-action-ness. :-) I have a hard time explaining why I have a certain intuition and it's usually inadequate to convince Rob to change his decision, but we're both learning.

    ReplyDelete