Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nacrotizing Fasciitis

This was one of our conversations last night at dinner.
Tucker: So, today I was pretty sure I had nacrotizing fasciitus.
(for those of you whose husbands haven't had close encounters with this as much as my husband has- it's a flesh eating bacteria)
Rebecca: Really, it has to enter through a cut or sore. Where's your open wound?
Tucker: Right here!
(In just the right light, I see a tiny cut at the base of his thumb)
Rebecca: Why did you think you have nacrotizing fasciitis?
Tucker: I was feeling achy, and I looked up the symptoms and was having several of them. And the cut is on my left side, if I lost my left side I wouldn't be able to write!
Rebecca: Why don't you think you have it anymore?
Tucker: Well, it turns out I was just nervous for my presentation. After it was over, I felt fine.

By the way- his supervisor told him after his presentation... "Tucker, you're really kicking ass here!" He's so smart!

2 comments:

  1. :) Love this story, reading it is like watching you guys when you were dating... and that was a lot of fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I LOVE reading your blog! I laugh constantly and feel compelled to share with Rob, because it's just so stinkin' good! I love the two of you together!! Seriously, mind-blowingly perfect couple!!

    ReplyDelete