Well, she's finally arrived - our new baby girl Lizette! After 9 months and 3 days, 33 hours of labor, 2 epidurals, 1 c-section, and about a hundred meals at the hospitals Subway (since the hospital food tasted like cardboard...and not the good cardboard either), Lizette finally made her appearance in the world. I'll let Rebecca tell the story of the whole ordeal (let's just say that it made our doula rethink her profession), but in the meantime, here are some cute pictures of our girl, who made all of this pain and agony worthwile:
Going home!!!
The end of a long day...
Awww Super big congrats! I cannot wait to hear all about the birthing experience! Relax and enjoy these days when the baby falls asleep on you and the rise and fall of her chest is enough for you to take in for hours at a time!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Tucker and Rebecca! Lizette is absolutely precious, and that first family photo is priceless. Even though it obviously wasn't easy, there is no question that it was worth it. She is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking about and praying for you all in the coming days as you get settled into this next chapter in your life.
And, Rebecca, how did you manage to look so cute after all that? Love the hat and necklace! :)
YEAH for pictures!!! praying for you guys! She is beautiful and it is so hard being so far away!!! boo!!! Can't wait to smell that baby head! love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHey, Rebs! I have been checking your blog everyday, impatient for pictures! I am so excited for you guys...I really want to hear about the birth from your perspective. I hope that you are recovering well; can't wait to talk to you!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness....what a pretty girl! Sorry your labor and birth experience didn't end up being ideal, but I promise that all the not-so-fun details will seem foggy a few months from now. Enjoy your little sweetie and post more pictures when you can!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! So excited to see an update! And Rebs looks FABulous!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! I am so excited Lizette is here and I am so proud of you Rebecca!! I can't believe all you had to go through... I can't wait to hear more of the story from you! I will call in a few days when I know you are rested up! Congratulations you guys... she is beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete