Last Sunday school class opened with a question for everyone to answer: If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Now, this is something I think of often. I've been many places, but there are so many places that I haven't been too. Do I want to go somewhere I've been before, but with Tucker this time? Or, would I want to experience something new with him? Turkey, is by far, one of my favorite countries. Maybe I would go there again, but this time get to experience it with Tucker. Or Egypt sounds so cool and different. What about China though? I've seen some beautiful pictures from China! Or France could be nice! France is one of the European countries that I haven't been to yet. Ireland is gorgeous and it would be so fun to really relax in the countryside there.... So many choices!
Then, it was Tucker's turn to respond. I perked up my ears to hear what he would choose. Maybe he could help me narrow down the options.
"I would have to say Amarillo."
WHAT! Amarillo???? Amarillo that smells like cow poop if the wind is right and has winds that blow the dirt and pebbles against your skin? You mean, Amarillo your hometown where you spent your whole life????
Although I realize that he's definitely not going to help me narrow down my options, I also realize that I just love this man! He's so different than me, SO DIFFERENT!!! But, he's just so amazing and so good for me. I love the new perspective he gives me and it's interesting to see how we can both interpret something as completely different. He definitely keeps me interested!
Wow, that is different. But, I agree - it is more interesting when they don't think like you.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think you should go to Hungary. Budapest is amazing. But, you know I can hardly narrow down my own choices...
But, I know when Rob deploys, I'm going to Mexico to speak Spanish! Arriba!
I agree with you--I would totally not choose Amarillo, but it's sweet to know that Tucker likes where he grew up and would like to visit his family. I was thinking more along your lines. Joe and I have been talking about taking a trip fairly soon, and we're thinking about Egypt, Spain, or even attending our friends' wedding in India!
ReplyDeleteI've been expecting to hear news about the baby any day now. Are you both ready? I'll be thinking about and praying for you!
Paige
Yes, I'm totally like you....there are a million places I'd love to visit. Dean does enjoy traveling, but he has no idea how to plan a trip. He just thinks you can show up and decide what you're going to do once you get there.
ReplyDeleteSo yeah....your baby is due in June, right?? Exactly how many weeks are you now?