I'm so excited! We are finally using part of our yard to plant tomatoes this year. I love, love, love fresh tomatoes. We could've planted other vegetables, but I just want to fill up all our space with tomatoes. There's such a huge difference between store bought tomatoes (even when they're organic) and home grown. We're growing them from seeds, so the process is a little longer. We won't put them in the ground until the end of May, but we're already starting them.
Here's all the cute little seed sprouts! They're looking good!
Here they are again. Can you tell which direction the sun is coming from?
And here's another picture. We're so proud!
We got one of the hanging tomato plants too (it's in the green bucket you can see). We also have another smaller container of sprouts. We put three seeds in each little section. Some of the sections have three sprouts and others have less. We'll choose the strongest looking ones at the end to keep.



Awesome!! You're gonna love you some fresh tomaters.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I hate the "pruning" part of planting seeds. It seems so mean - pick the strongest one and kill the others. Ruthless.
Our tomatoes we put in the ground are doing better, but we're waiting a little longer before planting the newer seedlings. Wish you luck with your babies!
We're trying some gardening this year, but I'm not brave enough yet to try fruits and veggies. I'll see if I can keep flowers alive first!
ReplyDeleteAll of your yellow flowers are amazing! We have a beautiful gardenia (planted by the previous owners) that will flower in May and I can't wait!
That's what we did last year too! We focused on keeping what we had alive, and we planted three rose bushes.
ReplyDeleteHey Rebecca! I didn't know that you had a blog! I came by from a comment on LeeAnn's and looked back at all of your posts- you look so cute with your baby bump (way cuter than Tucker's). Love to you and your sweet family!
ReplyDelete