Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's wrong with me people?

This is Rebecca's hubby again, sneaking in a post while the cat's away (the "cat" being Rebecca and "away" meaning that she's sound asleep). I just wanted to write so that I could get on my soapbox for a change (is "soapbox" another word for "kitchen counter"?).


I mean, lately it feels like we're only motivated to work on our house when we have some deadline that pops up...and usually it means a week of having little sleep, a few cuts and bruises, and a lot of bran (there's just something about fiber that keeps me going). It seems like we've realized this fact, because deadlines keep popping up every week: my parents coming to visit, Rebecca's dad coming to visit, our Bible study group coming over to eat, the mail man coming to deliver more junk mail...it never ends! Don't get me wrong; I love having people over (except the mail man of course...he and I are like oil and water...we just don't mix). But these deadlines are going to be the end of me. To show the effects of all this rush-ed-ness, here's a picture of our lovely butcher block countertop just out of the box:


And moments later, here's me trying to repair a big chunk I accidentally cut out of it:


I mean, eventually we seem to get to the end, despite all the missteps. For example, here's one of our countertops after it was put in:


It just seems like, with all this hurrying about, weird things keep happening lately. I mean, no one has been able to find our neighbor's cat, Lucky, since we recently closed up the walls in our living room.

On an unrelated note, I need to hire an electrician to come over to inspect the wiring I've done in the walls. Whenever I turn on the lights, the switch makes a "meow-y" sound.

Oh shoot...gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment