Monday, June 15, 2009

Camping in Colorado

For our anniversary we decided to go camping outside of Pagossa Springs in Colorado. We had so much fun! We went on a hike to a gorgeous waterfall (which we don't have pictures of because our battery went dead). On the way back to the campsite we had cocktail hour with Dr. Peppers and Cheetos (what more could you ask for?). One morning we went to this English tea house/ antique shop and I had coffee while Tucker had an egg and cheese croissant. One night we roasted hotdogs and marshmallows for s'mores over the campfire, and enjoyed sitting around the campfire together. On our way out of town we stopped by a local bar and had us some amazing fish tacos. I mean, AMAZING! It was a great anniversary!

Here's the tent we got. We love it! It's L.L. Beans Cabin tent for 8 people. It's height is 7'2" so there's plenty of room to walk upright. I don't know how 8 people can fit in there. We thought if it rained we'd have enough room to set up a little table inside. It's super easy to set up.

Here's a spot in the campground we stayed. Colorado is just so beautiful. It was fun going back for our anniversary since that's where we got married.

Melissa, do you remember playing in this river when we were little? We used to go here with my grandparents and cousins when we were little. It was fun to go back and see the place I have so many great memories of.
This was a picture we took on our drive to the hiking point. It was a fun drive and a great hike! Pagossa Springs area is only 4 hours away, and it has such great hikes and the town is so fun. We're definitely going back sometime!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! And romantic to return to the place your got married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I definitely remember playing in that river and i remember riding on the back of the motorized bikes with Tara and ALWAYS falling on that bridge- i guess the rocks sand on the bridge made it slippery... I was very jealous when mom said you were going there for your anniversary- what a treat! i always loved camping there- wish we were close like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca! What a fun trip! Hope you are enjoying NM....I looked at your remodeling pictures a while back (when you posted on our blog) and your house looks great! Are you planning on staying there for a long time?? I'm sure your parents would love for you to come back to Texas! Anyway, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete