I got a new sewing machine for Christmas! I'm so excited about it. I got a Baby Lock A Line Series, "Grace." It works beautifully and is so fun! I have never sewn before in my life, so I feel very lucky to have an amazing machine to learn with! My favorite thing is just pressing the button to make the button holes and it does all the work. It makes me look good!
Here are the first projects that I made.
The infant carrier tent shown in this post for my sister's baby shower
I got a great pattern from Melissa on a hooded towel. The ones they sell in the stores are so thin. I used a nice bath sheet from Tuesday Morning and followed the amazing pattern my sister made for me!
The next project I'm working on is a quiet book about creation. I have day 1 and the base page of day 2 done. Here's day 1: God separated light and darkness. This page has a flap halfway through that you button up.
This is Day 2 (which I haven't sewn onto the base page yet). She'll be able to untie the ribbons and open it up.
I made the clouds out of that soft minky material. Perfect for clouds (I think).
Underneath the ocean are the clouds that she can snap into place.
They're all attached with ribbons so they don't get lost. The cloud on the left is "raining" ribbons.
Okay, this may be a little too much. BUT my favorite part is the water drop that can move from the "ocean" to the cloud! Maybe we'll pull this out again when she gets a little older.
This is so cool! I love it! Great job! It looks FABULOUS!
ReplyDelete