Saturday, May 22, 2010
Pregnancy thoughts..well... what little's left of them...
I let out a heave and a "ho" and a few grunts while I'm turning or re-situating myself. This doesn't mean that I'm indirectly saying, "Could someone help me." It just takes a lot of effort and sometimes I let out a grunt.
It's amazing how much your feet can hurt from extra weight!
You're really not in control, really!
I now appreciate those "pointless" handles that cars have around the tops of windows. They're very helpful actually!
Pregnancy's good for the ego. People stop me all the time to tell me how beautiful I am!
Pregnancy's bad for the ego. People tell me all the time, "You're huge! Are you like due tomorrow?" (Unfortunately, I started getting this comment at 8 weeks; regularly at 5 weeks.)
Women smile at me all the time. I don't know if it's a pity smile or a "you've joined the club" smile.
Scatterbrained, yep it's true! The worst was me leaving my keys (which have my wallet attached) in the front door overnight. Tucker found them the next morning. He just laughed when he saw them (but I thought I maybe saw a tear rolling down his face too).
Toilet paper.... we use a lot! I go to the bathroom every few minutes. Tucker finally said, "I don't mean to be the toilet paper police, but we're going through it so fast!" Then he explained to me how he thought I could be a more efficient user of t.p. I've even thought of stashing some in my purse when we go to a friends' house, I mean, even the best hostess might not account for how much a pregnant lady uses!
Kegels.... very important!
Folgers commercials make me cry! Tucker turned to me to make fun of one we saw, and was shocked to see a tear rolling down my face, "Well, she said that he was all the present she needed." (Have ya'll seen that one? I actually saw it before I was pregnant and laughed at it's cheesiness, look who's laughing now!)
A patient, loving husband with a huge servant's heart.... very important!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You make me laugh so much, Rebs! I love it. I can't wait to meet baby Lisette...I hope that she is just as quirky as her mother and father! (I mean that in the very best way, of course.) :-)>
ReplyDeleteRebs! Your blog makes me laugh more than any other ever! I was actually just holding my belly, I was laughing so hard!
ReplyDeleteI adore your sense of humor!