Monday, December 14, 2009

3 Down, 3 to go!

I'm so excited!  I just finished the last of the three classes that I was taking this semester.  I now only have 3 more classes until I finish!  Yeah!!!
I'm really dreading the final class that I'll take next semester.  It involves planning and implementing professional development for teachers.  Now, there's one rule that most all teachers go by:  Professional Development= Bad.  It usually takes about 4 extra hours to plan for a sub that day, you may return to a classroom that looks like a natural disaster hit it, you might be bored out of your mind, or feel that whatever the training was about was not applicable to your teaching situation or just overwhelmed you with useless info.  There have been some great professional development that I've been to (none in New Mexico), but they're so few and far between that teachers have come to hate them.  So, now I'm the one who has to do professional development for teachers.  And, I don't even work in a school right now.  "Hi, you don't know me, but I'm going to make you work an extra 4 hours this week planning for a sub, and possibly waste a couple of hours of your 45++ hour work week in training.  Sound good?"  I've been dreading this ever since I entered the program, but it just can't be avoided....
But, right now I'm finished with classes until January!  Oh joy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! That is joy to be done or now! Enjoy your break! And I know you're going to put on one of those few and far between "worth it" trainings.

    ReplyDelete